Saturday 12 April 2014

Get The Look

Make Up Look

Hey guys! I thought I would do something completely different on the blog today! It is a very simple make up look that I wore not long ago when I went shopping in Leicester with my friends. This is a make up look that is very easy to achieve but looks very classic and pretty. I am not a pro at applying make up nor do I think I am good at it... I just thought it would be fun to do :')
Hope you guys like it! Let me know what you think!!




Start off with a primer, the one I like to use is the Benefit Porefessional. I use it only on my cheeks on the sides of my nose as this is where I have larger pores.

Then I use a damp beauty blender sponge to apply my foundation. I dot a little bit of foundation on my forehead, cheeks, chin and nose and then blend it in. I don't like to use a concealer always as sometimes they can make under eye circles look worse then they are. If you want to use a concealer, do this step next.

After my foundation I use a powder but only very lightly and then spray my face with Mac's fix plus. This is perfect for fixing the foundation and taking away any cakeyness.

Next I like to fill in my brows. You can use whatever you feel is best for you. There are many options to choose from. You can use powders, pencils or even gel based formulas. If you don't need to fill in your brows then of course leave this step out. For this particular look I used an angled brush and a powder to fill in my brows. I did not change the shape of them, I just made them darker.

After this I like to apply my blush and bronzer. You can use any shimmery bronzer for this look as we are going for a lovely summery bronzed look. Choose a bronze that works best for you. If you are fair skinned don't choose something that is too dark and vice versa. I don't apply my bronzer to contour, but if you want to do this, that is absolutely fine.

After the bronzer I use a blush on the apples of my cheeks. I smile and then apply the blush as it helps me apply it in the right place. I prefer using a light pink blush with this look as we already have the bronzer so don't want too much going on. Light pink blushes look very natural and give you a nice flushed appearance. You can also use a rose gold blush as this also works very well with the bronze.

After your blush apply a little bit of highlight to the tops of your cheekbones. I only apply my highlight to this area but if you like to look very shimmery and bronze, you can apply elsewhere too.

After this it is time to do your eyes!

Line your top lash line with your choice of a liner. You can use a gel or liquid liner for this. Make sure it is very black and bright as we aren't using eye shadow for this look.

Next coat your lashes in your favourite mascara! You can have as much or as little volume as you like... it is totally up you.

Finish off with a red lipstick. A true red works best for this look as it is the star of the look. The red lips are what you want noticed first so choose one that suits your skin tone best. My personal favourite that I think suits all skin tones is Mac's Riri Woo and Ruby Woo. They are perfect red colours and really look good on anyone!

I hope you enjoyed this and if you did please share and comment

Take care xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment