Sunday 8 December 2013

Aztec Indian Healing Clay Mask Review

I purchased this face mask a few weeks ago and a lot of people were interested in it and wanted a review so I have decided to write one. I have used this mask three times since I purchased it and so far I am in love!

The clay comes in a huge pot (1 pound) full of powder (which you turn into a paste) and can definitely last you for around two years, depending on how much you use. I use half a tablespoon for my whole face and neck. The tub retails around £10-15 and can be purchased online on Amazon or eBay. It is very easy to get hold of online; but I have not yet seen it in any stores in the UK.

The clay has many properties. It can be used as a face mask to heal acne and to brighten and beautify the skin. This is what I use it for. I do not have acne, but I like my skin to look flawless which is why I was searching for the 'perfect' face mask. Other uses for the clay are: body wraps, foot soaks, insect bites etc.

How to make and apply the mask:
Grab yourself a small bowl, a spoon for mixing, a brush to apply and some measuring spoons. You will also need some water or what i prefer to use: Apple Cider Vinegar. Use equal parts of both the ingredients (I use 1 tbsp of each) and mix into a nice paste that isn't too watery or thick. With your clean brush, apply evenly all over the skin and neck. Use a generous layer. 

The mask in action..
Once you have applied the mask and it has started to dry you will notice your face has become very tight and as it dries more you can barely speak or move your face. It is pretty uncomfortable at first, but if you just sit still and relax you won't feel the tightness. What you will feel though is the 'pulsating'. The feeling comes after around 6-8 minutes and can be very uncomfortable. Your skin will feel extremely tight and can also sting a little. It is not affecting your skin in any way and this is normal. If you cannot bear pain at all I wouldn't recommend this mask to you, but in all honesty; it's not that bad.The pulsating feeling is the result of blood rushing to your face, which is a very GOOD thing. I personally think that makes the mask special as I believe it is really working on my skin. I keep the mask on for 15-20 minutes and when it is time to take it off I use a small wash cloth. I soak it in hot water and apply it to my face to moisten the dry mask. This really helps to remove the mask and it wipes away very easily. When you first remove the mask it can be painful as it drags your skin, but with the hot wash cloth it is much easier.

The result:

I have only used the mask three times, so I haven't noticed a huge difference to the appearance of my skin but there has definitely been a few differences. My skin type is normal, so I am not dry or oily; however sometimes after a long day my face can become a little oily. After using this mask I have noticed this has completely vanished and I no longer see any shine on my skin. My foundation now lasts much longer than before too. I suffer from visible pores on my cheeks on either side of my nose and have noticed they have gone a lot smaller. I have always hated my pores and they are the only real problem with my skin so I am thrilled they have reduced in size. I use Benefit's Porefessional to erase my pores but after using the clay I barely have to use any at all.
I thought my skin would feel super dry after using the mask because of how much it tightens on the skin and was surprised to find my skin actually felt very soft. I still used a good moisturiser afterward to lock in the moisture and keep my skin feeling supple. I 100% recommend this mask to anyone with breakouts, oily, problem prone and even normal skin. I promise you will love the mask and for such a large amount the price is awesome!

(Don't get frightened :P)

Comment if you have used this mask and let me know what you think xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment