Tuesday 8 April 2014

What's In My Make Up Bag

What do I carry in my handbag's make up bag?



I don't carry a huge variety of make up in my make up bag but I do like to carry some make up with me if I am going out for more than a few hours.

I don't ever touch up my base make up and that is why you will not see these products mentioned. My base tends to last me all day so there in no point in me taking unnecessary products out with me. I also think if you reapply powder and foundation throughout the day without washing your face, you will be more prone to acne because it isn't the most hygienic.
As you can see I carry a lot of lip products with me and that is because I always love changing up my lip product and I like to have a nice variety. At different times of the day I might want a different look so I choose a variety of shades.

The first lip product is a matte lip cream by NYX in the shade San Paulo. This is a gorgeous matte pink colour and it is so effortless to apply so it is perfect when I don't have a mirror handy or am in a rush and need to quickly apply something. These lip creams cost £5 and can be purchased from the NYX website. I definitely recommend these. They are non drying and there is a huge range of shades to choose from.

The second lip product is the Wet n Wild matte lipstick in Sugarplum Fairy. This is a very popular product and is a dupe for MAC's Rebel. This is the most perfect lipstick ever and one I cannot live without. I actually prefer it to Rebel as it is more vibrant and it is matte. Matte is my favourite type of lipstick. These lipsticks retail for around £2.75 and can only be found in the US.

The third is a matte lipstick from H&M. It is a gorgeous bright pink shade which is great for this season. It is pretty similar to MAC's Candy Yum Yum also. I like to carry the dupes with me as opposed to the real deal as if they get lost I won't mind too much. This lipstick is VERY drying but for £3.99 I can't really complain. There are 2 or 3 other shades but I think this is the best one they do.

Next is a lip balm by Madre Bees. I think everyone needs to carry a lip balm with them as it is an essential. I don't think I need to write an explanation about this product.  It isn't the most moisturising, it's just okay :)

The last lip product I carry with me is MAC's Speak Louder. This is the first MAC lipstick I ever purchased and surprisingly it is not that popular even though it is such a gorgeous pink colour. i really like this lipstick and although I do not use it much anymore it used to be a staple in my make up kit and I am almost out of it so will need another very soon!

Finally not a lip product! I like to carry the ELF blush and bronzer duo with me as I have been loving the bronzed up look this season and when I mix the two colours together it creates a very nice shade. It's a lot easier to have one product in my bag rather than two separate ones so I like to carry this duo with me.
To apply the blush and bronzer I take the ELF angled blush brush with me. I| like to carry this as my make up brushes tend to get ruined in my make up nag (No idea how) so I won't worry too much if this gets ruined as it was only £1.50.

 
Thank you for reading, let me know what you carry in your make up bag!
 
Take care xxxx






No comments:

Post a Comment