Tuesday 8 April 2014

Make up setting sprays and facial mists

The battle of the make up setting sprays/ Facial mists
 
 
 
 

Urban Decay Oil control setting spray:
This spray is a very light and weightless one and almost feels as though nothing is going on your face. Because of this I always tend to over spray and then look in the mirror like"CRAP!". Nevertheless, this spray lasts! It will keep your make up looking like you have just applied it all day and also feels very cool and nice on the skin. This product comes with two lids and I am unsure why this is? I guess one is to stop bacteria getting in and the outer one is to make the packaging look good. You should apply this product before your setting spray. It is not a magical product that takes away shine, it is just there to work with your make up.

ELF make up setting spray:
This is the most affordable option for a setting spray and the one I have been using every day. I never touch up my foundation and when I come home after a long day it is all still intact. This product definitely works, and although it soaks your face, it is one I definitely recommend.

The Body Shop Vitamin E face mist:
This is a product that will help set your make up but can also be used throughout the day as an instant pick me up. It really refreshes and hydrates the skin and has a lovely rose scent. It has a very light mist and helps lock in moisture too. This is perfect to use in the summer as it will really cool you down.

Ben Nye Final Seal Matte Sealer (water resistent, professional) Spray:
This product is actually amazing! Your make up will not budge with this product. It is literally hairspray for your face. Do you ever get foundation on your shirts? Well this will definitely stop that. It is an excellent product and I really recommend it.

Mac Fix Plus:
There is a lot of confusion about this product. Many people think it is a setting spray and then hate it because it doesn't keep their make up on. If you read the name properly you will see that it only 'fixes' your make up and does not set it. This will take away any cakiness from your make up and will leave you looking like you just applied your make up. This is also very refreshing and if I ever feel hot I will spray this on my face as it really helps.

Lush Breath Of Fresh Air:
This is another product that will really refresh your skin throughout the day. I bring this product out with me in the summer and it definitely helps me. It does not set your make up, it just refreshes the skin. The downside to this product is your face will be VERY wet after using this which is annoying.

MUA Pro Base Fixing Mist:
This product is definitely a dupe for the Urban Decay one. They both have the same mist and both keep your make up on all day. This costs a fraction of the price so I obviously recommend this one more.

Nyx Setting Spray:
This setting spray is a lot harder to find if you are from the UK like me, but if you do happen to find it, it is definitely one to pick up. It costs £8 so is a very good price and it really makes your make up last long. It isn't too light and isn't too 'wet' so has the perfect amount of mist to it. I love how this sprays as it covers the whole face and I don't have to use a lot of product, unlike the Mac fix plus.

 COLLECTION Fix Me Up Long Lasting Make-up Fixer:
This is another alternative to the many setting sprays I have spoken about today, and I have tried and tested... And yes! It works. It is a very small bottle so is perfect for taking out with you in your handbag and it definitely helps to keep your make up on longer.


There are MANY more setting sprays out there on the market... So go wild and find one that's perfect for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment