Saturday 22 November 2014

Beauty UK - Posh Palette no.2 - Masquerade Review

Hey girls! Today's post is on an affordable eye shadow palette I purchased the other day. Beauty UK is a brand I don't really look at when make up shopping but I noticed the rose gold colour in the palette and decided to pick it up! I picked up another palette at the same time which I also will be reviewing shortly. 

The palette consists of 10 shadows, 8 of these are shimmery and 2 are almost matte. I say almost because if you look close enough there is a tiny bit of shimmer in it. This isn't noticeable when swatching however.

There is a lovely array of colours ranging from light to dark so it is great for day and night. I also like how big the shadows are because with palettes like the Sleek ones, I find the shadows to be too small. 

The shadows aren't immensely pigmented, which I never expected them to be anyway because of the price, but you do get a nice amount of pigment. The shadows aren't very chalky and they do last on the lids if you wear a primer underneath. I always recommend a primer with any eye shadow as you get the best pigment this way.

I was disappointed with the black shadow in the palette as it is very sheer. I have tried shadows from MUA which are £1 and very pigmented so I think they could have done a better job with it. 

To conclude I will say this is a nice palette if you are starting out with make up, or want a palette that's suitable for every day wear. I would recommend it as the shades are gorgeous.

Price: £6

Thank you for reading!

Take care, xxx

 



No comments:

Post a Comment