Saturday 14 December 2013

ELF Flawless Finish Foundation Review

Can I just start off by saying WOW. ELF have really impressed me with this product! I purchased this foundation on a whim thinking i'd dislike it but i needed £60 worth of products in my cart for a discount so decided to add it in. The foundation is definitely my favourite out of all the ones I own, and believe me, I have a lot! I have foundations from MAC to Bourjois to Illamasque to L'Oreal and this has out shined them all! It is the perfect shade for my skin too which is an added bonus.

This foundation retails for just £6! It is such a bargain. I don't know of any other brands that have such an affordable foundation that is actually amazing. I have tried MUA foundations and have really disliked them. After trying the ELF Studio Tinted Mousturiser and really disliking it, I didn't have high expectations for the foundation. I can honestly say I am sold and I hate to say this but, this is probably going to be the only foundation i repurchase from now on. I am that impressed! And I am someone who loves to try out so many foundations.  My other foundations are going to feel very lonely now! LOL. I have never loved a foundation so much. With all the other foundations I own I can pick out a fault with it. Whether it is not the right shade, or it is the wrong undertone or the lasting power isn't that good, I always manage to find a fault. With this foundation I cannot even find a single fault with it! I haven't owned this foundation for very long nor have I been using it for months, so who know, i might begin to hate it after a while, but for now it is my stay product of the month.

The foundation blends flawlessly. It just looks so good on my skin. I have the shade Sand (The second lightest I believe) and it is the perfect shade for my skin tone. My skin looks flawless with this foundation and even if I accidentally pump out too much product it does not look cakey at all. With most of my other foundations, especially ones from MAC I have to be really careful with how much product I use as it can look cakey. With this one, it still looks flawless as it blends with such ease. I don't have problematic skin so I cannot say if it covers acne or scars very well, but it does leave my skin looking very flawless so I am guessing it would cover spots/ hyper pigmentation etc. What i really like about this foundation is it does not settle in to my pores. I have a few pores around my cheeks and it does not make them stand out. This foundation lasts all day on me which is what everyone wants in a foundation. I have never touched up my foundation throughout the day, nor do I ever want to so this is obviously a must for me. 

The foundation comes in quite a few shades which I think is excellent as ELF are catering for many different skin tones. At such an affordable price you would not expect this.

I think the packaging of the foundation is very sleek. It looks a lot more expensive than what it is. It comes in a frosted glass bottle with a plastic lid and pump. A lot people dislike glass bottles as they think they are too heavy to travel with and can smash; I personally love it. I think it makes the product look expensive and sleek.

I definitely recommend for you to all try out this foundation. It is such a bargain and a wonderful product. Let me know what you think of this foundation in the comments section below. Do you love or hate this foundation? Is this your holy grail product or is it the worst foundation you have ever tried? I would love to know! :)

Here are some photos..





This is the foundation bottle. I think the packaging is so lovely and classy. I love foundation bottles with this packaging. I really dislike tubes and packaging with colour as I think it looks cheap and tacky. The bottle is 30ml and as you can see from the bottle has SPF 15 which is awesome! Haha, yes I have just spotted that is has SPF 15.










As you can see in the photo the left arm with the foundation looks more brighter and has a healthy tanned look. The right arm is more pale and doesn't have the glowy look like the left. 


Hope you liked my review, Take care guys! xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment