Sunday 22 December 2013

Urban Decay Naked Flushed Review

Urban Decay's Naked Flushed

So for my sister's birthday this year I wanted to purchase her a few of the Naked palettes, and the Naked Flushed was obviously on the list. She loves to contour and highlight so I thought it would make a lovely gift.I ordered the Flushed online on the Debenhams website and when I went to collect it, I fell in love with the packaging so ended up picking up one for myself too.

The Review:

1. Packaging:
The packaging on the Flushed is beautiful. It looks so sleek and pretty. It is very small and compact so great for travel and come with a large mirror too which is always good. I would give the packaging a 5/5 as this is what made me pick one up for myself too.

2. Quality:
The outer packaging is extremely nice and high quality. It is sturdy and you can tell it is an expensive item but I am very unimpressed with the actual quality of the product. On the night I bought it, I had a loot at it and it was perfectly intact. The next morning I went to use it and there were little cracks in the highlight and blush. I was so upset and annoyed but there was nothing I could do. I was very surprised about this as I really didn't expect it to happen, especially because I handled and stored it very well. I would give the quality a 2/5 because I like the outer quality, I am just unimpressed with the actual product.

3. Price:
The price for this product is £20 which I think is very reasonable for Urban Decay, but because of the quality of the product, if  had known it would be basically rubbish I wouldn't pay more than £5 for it.

4. The Product:
The actual powder pigmentation is really good on the blush and highlight. The highlight is a very gorgeous colour and you only need the smallest amount. The same with the blush too, it is very pigmented. The bronzer is very light and not pigmented which can be good if you want it as a bronzer, but it is not so good for contouring with. I'm guessing this bronzer would only suit fair-medium skin tones as on darker skin I don't think it would show up. The highlight is very powdery. If you just swipe your finger on the highlight there is a lot of fallout which makes me think it is cheap and bad quality.

5. Overall:
I would maybe recommend this product to people who want their blush, highlight and bronzer in one small set, however I think you'd be better off going with the Sleek version. It is a nice product and the packaging is beautiful, but it is just not worth the money. Get yourself the Urban Decay Naked Basics instead!









Thank you for reading, I hope this was helpful
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment