Sunday 19 January 2014

My Favourite Drugstore Foundations

My favourite foundations (drugstore)

Hey guys! So I wanted to do a blogpost on my favourite lower end foundations as I know many of you would be interested in this. I have tried so many foundations, from high end to lower end and can honestly say I sometimes prefer the cheaper alternatives.
Here are 8 of my favourites that work well for me and are my favourites. We all have different skin types so these might not work for everyone.





Here are a few facts about my skin tone so you can have a rough idea whether or not they will work for you.
Skin type: normal
Skin colour: light
Undertone: yellow
Skin problems: I have a small section of larger pores on my cheeks on either side of my nose




1. elf Flawless Finish Foundation
Shade: sand

I have a full review of this foundation on my blog so I won't go into detail but this is my absolute favourite foundation at the moment. It makes my skin look flawless, and blends very nicely into the skin. The foundation has such a small price tag, but works amazingly. This is very comparable to foundations from Mac. This foundation has a yellow undertone which I love as I have yellow under toned skin. I have received compliments from total strangers when wearing this foundation and have been asked what foundation I wear, so that is another bonus ;)

Coverage: medium/ full
Lasting power: very long
Price: £6.75

2. Maxfactor 3 in 1 Face Finity All Day Flawless
Shade: Natural

This is a really good foundation. It has very good coverage and lasts very long too. The foundation is a 3 in 1, so it's great for people who like to save time in the mornings. It is a primer, concealer and foundation all in one so you know the coverage will be very good on it. The only downside to this product is it has a pink undertone and I am yellow under toned. The packaging on this foundation is very nice, but it is also a bit bulky so not not the best for travelling with. The foundation is not extremely matte which I would have expected as it is full coverage, so I was impressed as I would hate for it to make me look cakey. I apply this foundation with a buffing brush and it gives me a very airbrushed finish. This foundation really does last all day. I never wear my foundation for longer than 7-8 hours, and I never touch up my base make up, but it still looks great even hours later. 

Coverage: full
Lasting power: all day
Price: £11.99

3. Avon Extra Lasting Liquid Foundation
Shade: Nude

This is a very thick foundation with very good coverage. It comes in a 30ml glass bottle which is the standard size for a foundation. The foundation blends well although it is very orange on my skin. The foundation is also very stick which I cannot stand as it makes me want to pull my face off. I just need to apply powder over the foundation which sorts the 'sticky' feeling out though so it does not bother me too much. The foundation is also quite pink undertones and I am a yellow undertone so it only works on me if I mix it with another foundation. What I love about tis foundation though, and why it is is my favourites is, it lasts so long, and when I mix it in with any light coverage foundation, it makes it full coverage. 

Coverage: full
Lasting power: all day
Price: £12

4. Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum
Shade: 52

This is another one of my all time favourite foundations. This is a gel foundation which claims to last for 16 hours. I do not agree with this statement. It also claims to boost radiance and give you an 'undetectable even finish'. I completely agree with this statement as this foundation makes me look very dewy and it gives my skin a flawless, healthy appearance. The foundation smells very nice. It has a fruity smell to it which I find quite pleasant, although if you cannot stand fragrances in your foundation this is not for you. The foundation does not feel like a 'gel' at all. It feels like a regular foundation to me. I have it in the shade 52 which is the second lightest shade and it is a very good match for my skin. I will mix this in with my Benefit Hello Flawless foundation if I want extra coverage as this is pretty light. I use my Real Techniques buffing brush to apply the foundation to my skin, and it gives me a light coverage. The coverage is similar to that of a BB Cream, so this is not for someone who has acne or problematic skin. 

Coverage: light
Lasting power: average
Price: £10.99

5. Maybelline Fit Me Foundation
Shade: 125

Maybelline is one of my favourite make up brands at the drugstore so I knew this would be a great foundation. I love the whole line of Fit Me products, and the foundation is definitely a winner. This foundation has an amazing price, flawless coverage, and great  lasting power. What more could you ask for? This foundation is especially good for people with oily skin as it is not a dewy foundation. The foundation is matte, but you can still see your skin through it and it does not feel like another layer on your face. The foundation blends beautifully into the skin lasts throughout the day on me. I apply it to the skin with my Real Techniques buffing brush or stippling brush and find both work very well. With all the foundations I use, 1 pump is enough for my whole face, and this is the case with this foundation too. 

Coverage: medium
Lasting power: all day
Price: £7.99

6. Revlon Photo ready Compact Make Up Foundation
Shade: 200 Natural Beige

This foundation is perfect for me in the summer and it also contains SPF 20 which is a great bonus, although not for taking photos as it gives you a ghostly look!The foundation claims to go from a cream foundation to a liquid one and then it sets to a powder finish. What I was intrigued about was the 'liqueifying screen'  It has a mesh sort of screen on top of the foundation and you press your sponge (included) into it and then apply to the face. I think the sponge is rubbish so I binned it and I use my fingers (clean, of course) and apply it to my face and then buff it in with a Real Technqiues Buffing brush. I really dislike the packaging of this product. It is very big and ugly, and I would have much preferred it to be in a small jar. The foundation does say it gives complete coverage but I find this to be incorrect. It gives light to medium coverage and I wouldn't build upon it as it can make your skin look dry. What I do love about this foundation is it is just so effortless. It blends very well and is a lovely shade too. This is great for people with minor redness who just need to even out their skin a little. I also think it would work best for people with normal-dry skin. 

Coverage: light-medium
Lasting power: average
Price: £6.99-£12.99

7. Maybelline Fit Me Foundation Stick
Shade: 120

This foundation stick claims to have an anti-shine core. It says it is ultra-light and enriched with powders to instantly absorb excess oil and controls shine for a natural looking, flawless finish. I do not have oily skin but i was intrigued with this style of a foundation. I have never come across a foundation in stick form before so I had to get it. This shade is a very light shade and I initially purchased it as I thought it would be great for highlighting, but it blends in perfectly with my skin and does not look light at all. I find with the 'Fit Me' products that many of the shades match your skin tone perfectly. You do not get a ton of product in the tube but you do not need to use a lot of product to build up coverage so it could definitely last you a few months. This foundation is unbelievably creamy. It blends into the skin like a dream and looks very flawless. This foundation leaves you with a naturally radiant look, which I find is common with the Fit Me range. 

Coverage: medium-full
Lasting power: all day
Price: £8.99

8. Avon Ideal Flawless Invisible Coverage Foundation
Shade: Medium Wheat

This was my favourite foundation for a very long time until I finally decided to try out new ones, and it was my favourite for very good reason. This is a very full coverage foundation that l;eaves your skin looking extremely flawless. This is an oil free foundation and it comes in a huge variety of shades. The packaging of this foundation is very nice. It comes in a sleek glass bottle with a black cap and looks very similar to my Elf Flawless Finish foundation bottle. The texture of the foundation is very smooth and moisturising. It blends effortlessly into the skin and does not look cakey at all, even though it has such amazing coverage. You can purchase this foundation from Avon's online website or from your local Avon representative. What is great about this foundation is it caters for all skin tones, and I think that more make up brand should cater for people with darker skin tones. 

Coverage: full
Lasting power: all day
Price: £12


That concludes my top 8 favourite foundations from the drugstore and I hope that this post has been helpful for you. Let me know in the comments section below what your favourite foundation is and why. If you are not already, follow my Instagram: @mydailymani to keep up to date with my blog posts. 

Thank you so much for reading

Take care, xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment