Saturday 1 February 2014

January Favourites 2014

MY 2014 JANUARY FAVOURITES

Hello guys! Happy Chinese New Year! It may be the 1st of February for us, but over in China they are all celebrating a New Year so lets all sit back and have a minutes silent and feel super sorry for ourselves because January flew by so fast! Ah well, we have Valentine's Day to look forward to. Although for some, that may be the most depressing time of the year. So, do you love Valentine's day or hate it? Comment below! 

I have quite a few favourites to talk about so I won't go in to too much detail about them unless you want a full review on them (if so comment below)

I'm going to start off with my only non beauty related item. I am a sucker for candles. Especially Yankee Candles. I always have a candle burning in my room and every time I go in to town I pick one up for myself. My favourite all time scent has to be Clean Cotton. I love scents that have a clean, soapy scent to them. I always purchase 'linen' and 'cotton' scented air fresheners because I think they smell amazing. And I adore the smell of fresh clothes out the wash, anyone else?
The only downside to this candle, as with a lot the Yankee Candles, I cannot smell it throughout my whole room. I only have a small bedroom so this shouldn't be a problem, but I find with most Yankee Candles that the smell does not fill up the room. 
Seriously though, the smell of this candle is heavenly! Every time I hold it up to my nose, I just say 'AHHHHHH'. It is the most perfect smell. This retails for £8.39 and I purchased my one from Clinton's.


Another one of my favourites for January is The All Concealed Concealer kit by a brand called 'Along Came Betty'. I discovered this product in Tesco this month and had never heard of it before then. At first i thought it was Soap & Glory as the product packaging is very similar and they sell very similar products. The price range is also similar to Soap & glory's. I saw this concealer for £1.50 and I was surprised and thought it must be a mistake as everything else was a lot higher priced. They had testers out and so I tested it and really liked the consistency so I purchased it. The kit comes with two concealers, one for under the eyes and one for imperfections and it also comes with a brightening powder too. The powder is white in colour but goes on transparent and does not leave a white cast. This concealer is honestly amazing! It is so creamy and pigmented and does not crease under the eyes at all. It is so affordable and has three products in one so is fantastic. I recommend everyone to head down to Tesco to try this out and I'm certain you will be impressed.


Another favourite of mine, which I am sure I have mentioned is the Rocket mascara by Maybelline. Before I purchased this mascara I never bothered about my lashes. Lashes to some are the most important part, but for me, they were not. I'd put a few coats of any mascara on and I would be happy. When I started using the Rocket mascara I was a changed woman haha! It makes my lashes look so long and voluminous. This costs around £8.99


This bronzer by Rimmel is by far one of my most favourite bronzers to contour with. It is the perfect shade, as it i not too dark and I can blend it out very easily. I have hit pan on this so I have bought another and I just think it is an excellent affordable product. You can pick this up for around £4 in various stores.


The Benefit Its Potent eye cream is my favourite ever eye cream. This is only a sample version that was part of a set but I have had two others in the past and have always loved this eye cream. It makes my under eyes feel so moisturised and keeps them looking very bright. I use this every morning and night and it keeps my under eyes from getting very dark. 


This isn't just a monthly favourite of mine, it has been my favourite nail polish since I got it. It is the perfect pink colour and it suits my skin tone so well. It is my favourite ever nail polish (and I have hundreds) and it is one I reach for over and over again. The shade of this is Cool Cascade.


The Porefessional by Benefit is my holy grail product. I have never come across a product even a little bit like this and it is by far the best pore minimiser I have ever tried. I use this on my cheeks on the sides of my nose and it immediately makes my pores disappear. I was using the tiny sample version for absolute ages and it lasted me so long because I only use it on my cheeks as that is where my larger pores are. This costs £24.95 and I seriously recommend everyone to purchase this product as it will change the way your make up looks! It really makes your foundation look flawless.


I picked this product up in January and have been loving it ever since. It is a dupe for Bioderma which is difficult to find in the UK so this is a much better option as it is a lot more affordable too. You can find this at all drugstores and even supermarkets as I picked my one up from Tesco. It was on offer for 2 for £6 so I picked another one up for my sister. This is such a great product. You only have to use a tiny bit to remove all your eye make up and you do not have to rub at your eyes to remove your make up. I put a little bit of this remover on a cotton pad, hold it over my eyes for a few seconds and when I wipe away, all my eye make up is gone. I use a make up wipe for the rest of my face and solely use this for my eye make up.


This is my alll time favourite perfume. I have been in love with this perfume for around 3 years now and I have been to Debenhams countless amounts of times to find my new favourite fragrance, but I always go back to Prada D'iris. In my opinion, nothing else can beat this perfume. It has a beautiful clean, soapy fragrance, and as I mentioned earlier, that is my favourite type of scent. It just smells amazing. I never smell anyone else wearing this perfume and no one I know owns it so it has become my 'signature scent'. Please let me know what you think of this perfume, as it is the best smell in the world and I want to know if anyone else thinks that too. This retails for around £70 or more, which is pretty expensive, but I love it so much and I don't think I will ever need another perfume LOL.


This foot cream by Soap & glory is one of the best foot creams I have ever used. It really makes my feet feel super smooth and has a gorgeous smell too. This costs £7 and is always on offer at Boots.


If you know me, you will know I absolutely love matte lip creams. I have a big collection of lip creams and I love them all, but I have been wearing this one by NYX a lot this month. It is in the shade San Paulo and it is a gorgeous pink-mauve shade. My lips do not feel dry when I wear this even though it is matte. The only downside to this is it can be tricky to apply, especially for someone like me who has small lips. This retails for £5 and can be purchased of the NYX website.


I only just got Candy Yum Yum by MAC this month and I am totally in love with it. For months I put off purchasing it as I thought it is such a bright pink and I felt it would never suit me, but I was in MAC with my best friend and I tried on Girl About Town, Chatterbox and Candy Yum Yum and I thought Candy YY was the best. My amazing best friend purchased this for me, so thank you <3 This retails for £15.


That is all my favourites for this monthl, I hope you ejoyed reading this blog post, comment below what your favourites are of if you have tried any of the above.

Take care, xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment