Thursday 7 August 2014

The Rise Of The Liquid Lipstick

Liquid lipsticks 


Liquid lipsticks have literally been everywhere in the last few months. So many brands are bringing out their own liquid lipsticks, and I think they are a huge hit. They feel light like a gloss and have the lasting power and pigmentation of a lipstick. It is literally the best of both worlds. I have quite a few of the liquid lipsticks from a variety of brands, and I am very fond of them all.

My favourite brands for the liquid lipsticks are Rimmel and MUA. Rimmel have got their shades spot on with a huge variety to choose from and MUA have impressed me so much with the intense pigmentation of their liquid lipsticks. The MUA liquid lipsticks (LL) are known as velvet lip lacquers. They are immensely pigmented and the lasting power is out of the world. They are actually difficult to get off! Swatch one on your hand and you will know what I mean. They come in a variety of funky colours and there is one for everyone. Whether you are into your deep purples or your nude-pinks. 

The Rimmel LL's are called Apocalips. These were one of the first LL's on the market and I remember how everyone went crazy over them when they were first released. The Apocalips take longer to dry on your lips than the MUA ones and they glide on more like a gloss. Again, these come in a variety of shades. The Apocalips come in snazzy packaging and they all have funky names which is quite nice. 

One of the oldest LL's I own is by the brand Stila. I only own one from the brand and it is A pale pink, metallic shade. The shade I own kind of looks like you have foil on your lips. They dry instantly and don't leave your lips feeling dry at all. I could literally lick my lips for ten minutes with this on and it wouldn't go nowhere. The packaging for the Stila LL is very sleek and pretty. 

Topshop have several kinds of 'Liquid lipsticks' and they are given a variety of different names. I have one of their lip creams and one of their lip paints. I do find heir lip paints to be pretty sticky but they come in such beautiful shades so I don't mind it too much. 

The last LL I have is by Make Up Revolution. This is a fairly new brand and it is honestly one of my favourites. Their products are amazing and I am yet to come across a bad product. Their liquid lipstick is immensely pigmented and the lasting powder is amazing. This is one brand I would definitely recommend to everyone. It is so afford able too so that is a huge bonus. 

_____________________________________________

Here are three of my favourite LL's

1. Make up Revolution in You Took My Love
2. Topshop lip paint in Reminisce
3. Rimmel Apocalips in Big Bang



No comments:

Post a Comment