Monday 1 September 2014

What To Pack On A Two Week Holiday

What To Pack: Female Edition

I know the "holiday period" is basically over for most, but there are many older teens and young adults who choose to go on holiday after the busy period because it is a lot cheaper. Therefore, I have decided to write up this blogpost.

I am currently away on holiday in Tunisia and I have a few hours to spare as my family have gone out for dessert and I'm in bed feeling lazy.

The key when packing for a holiday is to not pack too much or too little. You want to give yourself options but you don't want to risk exceeding the luggage limit as you'll be paying a lot to take on extra! You also may want to bring back gifts and souvenirs from your holiday so make sure you leave a few KG extra for that. I packed quite a bit for my holiday (but knew I wanted to bring lots back) and my suitcase weight came to 13kg. I was allowed 20kg for my suitcase and 6kg for hand luggage.

Lets get on to what to pack...

Clothing -
The main thing I will say when packing clothing is MAKE SURE everything fits! It would be a nightmare if you pack clothes and find out they don't fit when you reach your destination. I say this because, many people like myself purchase everything brand new for their holiday so you definitely need to try everything on. 

Make sure you pack clothes that aren't too heavy. The lighter the better. I packed 14 outfits for my holiday (one for each day) but all outfits were very lightweight. You definitely do not need 14 outfits. 10 outfits would be perfect. I mainly took jumpsuits and I think these are the best clothing items to take. A jumpsuit is a complete outfit so you're packing less! I took 5 jumpsuits, three dresses, four pairs of trousers and four kimonos with me. Two kimonos were fancy ones that I wore with a longish vest and leggings and the other two were a plain black and a plain white which were perfect for throwing over my jumpsuits.

I took three pairs of pyjamas, 5 bras and 14 pairs of underwear with me. Remember you can wash your small garments very easily with travel wash so you don't need to take excessive amounts.

Shoes -
I took 6 pairs of shoes away with me which I actually regret. You really only need three pairs. You should take a pair of flip flops, jelly sandals and either non-jelly sandals or ballet pumps. I found jelly shoes were the best and I've been living in them the entire holiday. I wear my flip flops around the pool, hotel and at the beach.

Swimwear -
I took 5 bathing suits with me which was unnecessary for me as I barely went to the pool.. But these take up little space so you can take 4-5 and it's not a problem. If you won't be in the pool much, take two.

Everything else -
What you will need:
- Shampoo (normal size)
- Conditioner (normal size)
- Shower gel (normal size)
* I say normal size because it's much better to take one bottle instead of lots of minis. You will have a lot of shampoo/conditioner left over but I will leave these behind for the cleaners as they really appreciate it*
- Toothpaste
- Toothbrush 
- Razor
- Thread (for brows, upper lip)
- Tweezers (same reason^)
- Sanitary towels/tampons
- Face Wash
- Hand/body/foot lotions
- Your daily skincare products
- BB cream
- Any make up items you'd like to take
- Nail polish
- Nail polish remover pads
- Sun tan lotion
- After sun lotion
- Travel wash
- The plug for that country
- Sunglasses/sunhat
- Phone charger
- Small handbag to carry out with you
- Chewing gum
- Mouth wash
- Body puff
- Travel iron
- Shower cap
- Scarf if you're going on quads
- Beach towel
- Hair brush
- Hair ties
- Headband

What not to take:
- Soap
- Towels
- An excessive amount of snacks
- An excessive amount of anything (they have supermarkets everywhere)

That's all I can remember so far! I think that is basically all you need.. If you are heading off on holiday enjoy yourself and take lots of photos!!!

I hope you found this helpful

Take care, xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment